Natual, Techna’s natural health nutrition range, has for over 15 years been demonstrating the value of the Metrabol bolus for reproduction that combines natural solutions and performance. Technical, economic and societal benefits have been validated on nearly 40,000 cows.
THE UTERINE SYSTEM, A KEY ORGAN
From a bacteriological and immunological point of view, uterine involution is systematically associated with infection of the uterine contents. Any delay in the involution process results in lost production, reproductive difficulties and increased culling rates.
METRABOL, FOR A SUCCESSFUL INVOLUTION
Thanks to its unique concept (plants, trace elements, vitamins and ACTIVATOR), a preserved recipe and an original ingredient activation process, METRABOL supports the natural physiological functions for successful uterine involution of cows after calving.
Over the last 15 years, numerous trials in dairy cows have demonstrated the benefits of the METRABOL bolus in terms of a faster return of the uterus to a functional state and an earlier return to the heat cycle.
Natual recommends using the METRABOL bolus systematically on calving day. The aim is to improve the health of the uterine system during the first 3 weeks postpartum and to give farmers peace of mind when managing their herd in terms of reproduction.
A STUDY OF NEARLY 40,000 COWS
A cohort study was carried out with the INNOVAL insemination cooperative in France. This 2-year study, based on almost 40,000 dairy cows, shows that using METRABOL systematically is more than 2.5 times more profitable on a herd scale than using it individually (average use <15%), and also demonstrated other positives:
• Technical (-6.4 days calving interval - AI success
• Economic (return on investment of 8.6 euros per cow)
• Societal (preventive approach to reproductive problems using natural products).
BENEFITS OF METRABOL USED SYSTEMATICALLY AT CALVING
• Well-being of the animals with a drop in temperature linked to uterine inflammation reduction (reduction of cows with hyperthermia)
• Combating antibiotic resistance by using fewer antibiotics
• Performance with faster return to cycling (80% of cows fit to breed 30 days after calving)
• Peace of mind with less intervention on the animals
• Time management, as the bolus makes heat detection easier and simpler
• Reproductive success by reducing the calving - AI success interval
• Economic performance of the herd (+8 euros/cow)
For other repro follow-up players:
• Simplifies the inseminator’s work compared with hormonal and antibiotic programmes
• Efficiency, as the number of pregnant cows increases (+11% success for 1st AI)
• Advice and improved quality of service provided in the context of repro follow-up.